Work Group 2 - Replacement Technologies
The Aerospace and Defence industry demands a high performance from the hardware it uses in order to safeguard product safety and to be competitive. To provide the necessary properties, manufacturers are required to use chemical substances which may be hazardous to human health and the environment. Combined with regulations that place an ever increasing constraint on the supply of these chemical substances, the industry must investigate substitutes in order to ensure manufacture and repair operations can continue. This has impelled manufacturers to collaborate in order to reduce the cost and risk of investigation of alternatives to the affected, non-competitive technologies. IAEG Replacement Technologies provides the only global framework in which this type of collaboration readily takes place.
- Create and operate a framework that will enable the completion of Technical Exchange and Research & Development projects
- Establish a methodology for identifying project topics and launching those that will have the biggest impact to the industry, human health and the environment
- Provide effective governance to projects throughout their lifecycle
- Develop the skills of project participants to ensure successful projects, where experience can then be applied within their companies
- Utilize the project deliverables for maximum benefit to the industry, human health and the environment