The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) is a United States law, passed in 1976 and administered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) that regulates the introduction of new or existing chemicals. The TSCA Inventory is an EPA list of ~85,000 chemicals (public and confidential) that, at one time, were or are in commerce in the United States.
As a result of amendments to TSCA in 2016 (Lautenberg Act), the TSCA Inventory Notification Rule was promulgated. The rule requires chemical manufacturers and importers (by Feb 7, 2018) to review and designate as active, chemicals that were manufactured/imported over the ten-year look-back period of June 21, 2006 to June 21, 2016. Companies should also designate chemicals that they processed during the lookback period as active by October 5, 2018. This US regulation affects all companies with commercial activities in the United States.
IAEG® has developed an overview of the TSCA Inventory Notification Rule and educational materials to assist the Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industry. This overview and associated educational materials are only intended to address chemical substances already on the USEPA TSCA Inventory (Section 8b). Introduction of new chemicals is not within the scope of this overview.
Please access the individual links below to obtain the IAEG® tools and Educational Information.
- Inventory Notification Overview (INO-TSCA) – a Powerpoint document intended to provide the A&D industry with an overview of the TSCA Inventory Notification Rule including regulations, compliance requirements, definitions, reporting deadlines and potential risks.
- Supply Chain Fact Sheet – an interactive PDF document intended to provide the A&D industry and supply chain with an Executive Summary of the TSCA Inventory Notification Rule including regulations, compliance requirements and reporting deadlines, potential risks, and resources for further information.
- Processor Fact Sheet - an interactive PDF document intended to provide the A&D industry with an Executive Summary of the TSCA Inventory Notification requirements for companies defined by USEPA as “processors”. This document includes an overview of regulations, compliance requirements, reporting deadlines, potential risks, and resources for further information.
- Bergeson & Campbell PC
- March 15, 2018 - Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Section 6 Risk Evaluation Framework
- September 11, 2017 - Guidance Materials for Toxic Substances Control Act Inventory Notification Rulemaking
- July 13, 2017 Webinar - TSCA Inventory Notification Rule Making
- June 22, 2016 - TSCA Reform: An Analysis of Key Provisions and Fundamental Shifts in the Amended TSCA
- IAEG® Workgroup 8